Review: St. Regis Shenzhen – Caroline Astor Suite
After my one night stay at the The Westin Shenzhen Nashan – foodcoma included – I packed my bag and headed to the St. Regis Shenzhen. I took the subway which took approximately 30min to get to the St. Regis. Perhaps not the most glamorous of arrivals at a 5-star hotel but both hotels are just so conveniently located next to a subway.
The St. Regis Shenzhen is adjacent to the KK MALL and only a few hundred meters from the entrance of Lizhu Park & Lihu Lake – which made for a nice walk in the park on a sunny afternoon.
The room rate was €265 per night, but the hotel is a SPG Category 5 hotel so I used 12.000 Starpoints for a free night instead. I had already used 10.000 points at the W Bangkok and given that I hoard/cherish my SPG points, I try to use them only for good value redemptions.
The St. Regis Shenzhen occupies the top 28th floors of the 100th story building and the reception is located on the 96th floor – which came with quite an impressive view as I walked out of the elevator!!
St. Regis Shenzhen Caroline Astor Suite
I was assigned one of the most beautiful suites in the hotel: the Caroline Astor Suite which was absolutely stunning. From the room/suite I could enjoy the views of Shenzhen, but also Hong Kong – notice the binoculars that are set up in the room!
After being welcomed by the team, with a fresh mango juice, they couldn’t have been any nicer – they offered to help me with unpacking (St. Regis Butler signature services), bring some fresh tea, refilling the mango juice, pressing (2 items complimentary daily), guide me around the hotel…
The welcome amenity was completely over the top, although I’m fairly certain I had made a reservation for only 1, I got fruits, a delicious cake (again with mango on top) and little sweets such as strawberries dipped in chocolate.
Read more about St. Regis Abu Dhabi & mango juice
The Caroline Astor Suite at St. Regis Shenzhen
Things I really liked about St. Regis Shenzhen
- Caroline Astor Suite – one of the most luxurious suites I have ever stayed in, the binoculars were a great touch
- View from the room (again – did you see the binoculars), swimming pool & gym and top floor lounge. Checking in to the hotel on the 96th level is impressive
- Luxury – it’s a St. Regis
- Breakfast – much more variety than St. Regis Osaka for example (although that was nice too, but this was just better.)
- Bathroom which was huge
- Yan Mary – the hotel’s version of Bloody Mary, but with an oyster as well
- The lounge – complimentary snacks & drinks during the evening – located on the top floor
- In-room tablet which you can use to control almost anything in the room
- infinity pool & fitness center – pictures below
The view is exceptional & the service was fantastic, I see a lot of similarities with The St. Regis in Osaka which was also really great, but St. Regis Shenzhen simply takes the cake – pun intended.
I’ve really come to love the St. Regis brand, the butler service was once again flawless and the overall experience was absolutely memorable. Would love to return when I’m around.